Pinal County, AZ Marriage License Information

If you plan to get married in Pinal County, AZ, or elsewhere within Arizona, you must complete a marriage license application. You can get your marriage license in Pinal County or any other county throughout the state. Locations that distribute marriage licenses are typically located in the Superior Court. Marriage licenses issued from Pinal County can be used throughout the state of Arizona.

Where Can I Get a Marriage License in Pinal County, Arizona?

Address and Phone Number:

Pinal County Clerk of the Court
100 N Florence St
Florence, AZ 85232

Cost of Marriage License

How much is a marriage license in Pinal County?

A Pinal County marriage license can be bought for $72.00 dollars.

Residency Rules

Do in-state or out-of-state residents have different requirements?

No, whether you live in Pinal County or are just visiting, the standard is the same. You do not have to be a prior or active Pinal County or Arizona resident to get issued a usable marriage license.

Waiting Periods

Once my application is submitted, when will I get my marriage license?

There's no wait to get your marriage license. Once your application is received, your marriage licensed will be issued immediately.

Once I get my license, do I have to wait to get married?

There is no extra waiting period once your marriage license is issued. You can go and get married in Pinal County, or anywhere else within the state.

License Expiration Dates

How long will my license be good for after I get it?

Your Pinal County marriage license will eventually expire if not used. You have 1 year to use it once it's been issued.

My marriage license expired before I got a chance to use it. Now what?

Your expired marriage license is no longer valid. You can get it reissued from the same Pinal County office you submitted your original application to.

Age Requirements

How old do I have to be to get legally married?

You have to be at least 18 years old in order to marry without getting consent from a parent or legal guardian within Pinal County.

What if I want to get married, but I'm under 18 years old?

If one or both of you are under 18, parental consent forms will have to be signed. Also provide a certified copy of your birth certificate.

Keep in mind that if you were not born in Arizona, you'll have to order your certified copy from your state or country of birth. If you were born in Pinal County, AZ, order your certificate from this county. Otherwise, order it from the AZ county of your birth.

Blood Tests

Do I have to get a blood test?

No, blood tests are not a requirement for getting a marriage license in Pinal County.

Divorced or Widowed

What if I've been divorced or am a widower?

You are not required to provide a certified copy of your divorce decree or death certificate.

Marriage-Related Name Change

How do I change my name due to marriage?

When you get married, you'll be provided a marriage certificate (filed in Pinal County) which provides proof of marriage and is the primary document used to facilitate the name change process. You'll use it to complete your name change across various government and non-government institutions.

You can make use of an online marriage name change service to get the process started, before or after you get married in Pinal County or elsewhere in Arizona.

Proxy Marriages

What exactly is a proxy marriage?

Getting married by proxy means you'll have someone stand-in for you at the marriage ceremony. If one or both partners to the marriage aren't able to attend the ceremony, another person (known as the proxy) can take your place.

So, can I get proxy married in Pinal County?

No, unfortunately you can't get married by proxy in Pinal County or anywhere else in Arizona.

Common Law Marriages

What does common law marriage mean?

A common law marriage is an informal marriage that doesn't hold the same legal authenticity of a standard marriage. It's based on an accepted understanding between the partners that you're basically cohabitating.

Is a common law marriage a legal option for me instead of undergoing a conventional marriage?

No, Pinal County will not issue marriage licenses for common law marriages. Arizona does not recognize common law marriages. Not even if you were common law married in another state. Very few states still do.

Cousin Marriages

Can I legally marry my cousin?

Yes, in Arizona, cousin marriage are permissible.

Same-Sex Marriage Recognition

Are same sex marriages legal?

Yes, Pinal County will issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Arizona recognizes same-sex marriages as valid as any other marriage.